In this article, I’ll list down the top 10 best grammar checker tools of 2020, which will help you improve your writing skills and also help you create a fantastic article.
- Here is the list of top 10 best grammar checker tools 2020:
- What to look for in an ideal grammar checker tool?
- Which grammar checker tool I will recommend to you, and why?
- Final Words For Best Grammar Checker Tools
These days creating content is easy. Creating great and engaging content that stands out is hard because most of the writers struggle to write proper sentences with perfect grammar.
Here we go.
Here is the list of top 10 best grammar checker tools 2020:
Most of the Grammar checker software has both free and premium options. The free version of Grammar checker is enough if you don’t write that often, but in case writing is your daily work, then you can opt for the pro version.
Here is the list of top 10 best online grammar checker tools for content writers, bloggers, and students:
- Grammarly – #1 Grammar Checker
- Ginger Software – Best Grammar Checker
1. Grammarly – #1 Grammar Checker
Launched in the year 2009, Grammarly is trusted by over 20 million+ writers all over the world. The tool is continuously expanding with adding new functionalities and features like never before.
Official Website: grammarly.com
Grammarly can change the way you write. You not only become good at writing but also your English speaking and proofreading skills improve over time.
If you follow this website, you might be knowing that we are using Grammarly for both our personal and professional work. There was no looking back once we started using Grammarly as our only to use an online proofreading tool.
Just as every tool isn’t perfect, Grammarly is no different. Let’s check out the advantages and disadvantages of using Grammarly.
For a detailed guide, you should check this Grammarly review.
- Error suggestion accuracy is more than 90%, which is far better than any other available proofreading software.
- Grammarly Supports free browser extension. It works with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers.
- The premium & business version of Grammarly comes with an advanced plagiarism checker to compare your article with the published online content.
- It shows you a variety of error suggestions which you won’t find in any other proofreading software.
- The built-in dictionary feature helps you understand new and untapped words that you don’t know.
- Most of the features are available for free in Grammarly.
- The company heavily promotes the premium version of Grammarly while using the free one.
- Grammarly will show you wrong error suggestions at times. Because, let’s face it, no tool is perfect.
- Grammarly premium and business plan both are expensive compared to the other proofreading tools present in the list.
For a detailed Pros and Cons article Click here.
Who is it for?
The free version of Grammarly is perfect for bloggers and freelancers who are just starting their writing journey. On the flip side, the premium version is ideal for intermediate writers who have decent money to spend on a proofreading software.
2. Ginger Software – Best Grammar Checker
Ginger Software is a free online grammar checker tool that checks from grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors in real-time.
Official Website: gingersoftware.com
Apart from that, the tool functions in Chrome and Safari as a free extension.
One cool feature about the Ginger Software is the tool lets you add emojis in the text, which helps people connect more with your articles.
You may also like to check this Ginger software discount.
In addition to that, you get a full-fledged built-in dictionary in Ginger Software and translation of text in over 40 languages.
They do have a premium version of the software, which comes with even more relaxed and exciting features. Text reader, sentence rephraser, analysis are there, to name a few.
It’s time we explore the good and bad of the Ginger Software. For a detailed guide, you should check this Ginger software review.
Also, Check How Much Does Ginger Software Cost?
- It checks all your errors in real-time.
- You get to explore most of the features in the free version of the software.
- Ginger also suggests you new words to add in your article concerning the context of the sentence.
- If Ginger finds a better phrase compared to the one found in the article, it will suggest changing the word which is relevant to the context of the article.
- Built-in plagiarism checker, which is entirely accurate.
- Just like Grammarly, Ginger Software suggests you wrong and misleading errors at times.
- Even in the premium version of the tool suggestions provided by the software is less compared to that of Grammarly. (Also, Check Grammarly vs. Ginger Software)
- There’s no native app support for Mac users.
Who is it for?
If English is your second language and you’re looking for a tool that can help you write good content without burning a hole in your pocket, then you should definitely check out Ginger Software.
The tool comes with a translator that supports translation in over 55 languages. It has over 100+ free templates for you to use.
Official Website: whitesmoke.com
To create a resume, professional email, letters, and research papers, you can make use of the WhiteSmoke premade templates.
One of the standout features of WhiteSmoke is, the tool has a library of video tutorials that you can refer to cut down on your grammatical and punctuation mistakes.
Let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of the WhiteSmoke grammar checker software.
For a detailed guide, check this WhiteSmoke Review.
Also, Check these Grammarly Alternatives.
- WhiteSmoke is offered at a very less price, which is worth the mention.
- The USP of this software is the 100+ readymade templates that you can use directly to create stellar content.
- The software is fast in spotting the errors quickly.
- It supports plagiarism checker and translator features.
- Seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Outlook, Gmail & MS Office.
- While using WhiteSmoke on MacOS, it crashes at times.
- The WhiteSmoke support team isn’t impressive.
- The software is not available for free.
- However, you can try out the free version for 4-days.
- Paragraphs disappear after you click on the Apply Changes button at times.
Who is it for?
WhiteSmoke is suitable for people who are willing to spend a little money to improve their English writing skills. If you are looking for a free version just like Grammarly, WhiteSmoke will disappoint you.
ProWritingAid is not only a grammatical & spelling checker but also your writing mentor.
Official Website: ProWritingAid.com
The software is available as an online editor, downloadable application, or browser add-on. Apart from that, it integrates perfectly with third-party writing apps like Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Gmail.
I love how the tool shows you a detailed reporting of all the errors, which includes spelling, grammatical, overused words, and sentence structure errors.
The tool applies 5000 various improvements to make your article look professional and improves readability.
Overall, ProWritingAid is a decent grammar and manuscript checker software to try out.
- You get detailed document scores based on your spelling, grammatical mistakes, and sentence structure errors.
- The tool shows you the most used word in the document and whether it’s good to have it or not.
- Shows you the length of your sentences in a graphical format and give you suggestions to make it better.
- One of the handy features is, the tool checks the spelling and hyphenation of the common words used in the article and maintains consistency.
- You also have the support for plagiarism checker.
- The software also checks your article for acronym and homonym words.
- The free version of ProWritingAid is very limited.
- There’s no translation available. That means you cannot use ProWritingAid in any other language apart from English.
- Grammarly, WhiteSmoke, and GingerSoftware have a mobile app. Unfortunately, that’s missing with ProWritingAid.
- The plagiarism checker that is offered is not highly accurate in detecting the copied content from the Internet.
Who is it for?
ProWritingAid is very much similar to WhiteSmoke but has an effective pricing structure. Again there’s no free version, so anyone who is okay spending a little money on a proofreading software this tool can be a banger.
Hemingwayapp.com is a complete app to make your content better. It’s not just a grammar checking software but also an online editor to make your article look beautiful.
If you have a habit of writing long sentences (which isn’t a good writing practice), Hemingway will help you break it down in proper sentence structure.
One feature which is commendable about the Hemingway app is, you don’t need an active Internet connection to improve grammar and spelling mistakes in your article.
That means you can now proofread your articles while traveling.
The WordPress & Medium blog integration directly with the Hemingway app saves you time. You can publish your articles within the click on a button.
If you want, you can also download the .doc file of your article which prevents you from copy-pasting the text every time you write something.
As Hemingway is an editor, you can also make the text bold, italics, and put headings in your content.
Most of the features are available for free; however, they do have a paid plan of $19.99 paid one time to unlock the advanced features.
- Exceptionally cheap compared to the other tools present in the list.
- Hemingway app improves both your English grammar and editing of the text.
- You can share the articles with your friends directly from the Hemingway app.
- You don’t need an active Internet connection to proofread and edit articles.
- The error suggestions are not impressive.
- There’s no web version or browser extension available for this software.
- The only way you can use it is by downloading it on your computer.
Who is it for?
Hemingwayapp.com is not for professional writers. Instead, the tool is for rookie writers who need a basic grammar checker and editing tool in their arsenal.
Reverso is a free grammar checker software to try your hands on. As the tool is available to everyone for free, the features you get here are limited. However, to check basic grammatical errors, it’s a great tool to start with.
Reverso gained instant popularity in the market due to its translation feature. You can instantly convert text from one language to another with Reverso.
The tool also comes with a built-in dictionary, which helps you to come up with new ideas while writing or to proofread the articles. Currently, Reverso is available as a free browser extension.
Furthermore, you can also use the Reverso app in your Android or iOS device.
Lastly, you won’t have to spend a lot of time learning the app as the user interface is easy to navigate & understand. Also, check the Grammarly free trial.
- The free browser and mobile app to use it on the go.
- Completely free to use without any limitations.
- Reverso is an excellent grammar checker tool for the translation of the text.
- The built-in dictionary saves you time to hunt for new words on Google.
- As the software is free, it has very basic features available.
- You cannot expect to find error accuracy and error suggestions like Grammarly and WhiteSmoke in Reverso.
LanguageTool.org has both the free and premium versions to find out grammatical and spelling mistakes from your article.
The tool has a bunch of cool add-ons, which makes your life easy as a content creator. LanguageTool integrates with MS Word, LibreOffice, Google Docs, Chrome, Firefox browser, and the list goes on and on.
The free version of the tool offers you grammar check on over 20,000 characters per check and 1700 patterns of error finding.
On the other hand, the premium plan gives you double the checking limit, i.e., 40,000 characters and 2400 patterns of error finding.
Apart from that, the tool perfectly translates your text from English to other major languages like French, Italian, Dutch, etc.
The pricing of LanguageTool.org starts at £4.92/month or about $6.50, £59.00/year, or about $78.
- Checks grammar and punctuation mistakes in other languages apart from English.
- Seamlessly integrates with most of the apps that a writer would need in day to day work.
- You can check close to 2000 words with the free version of the software, which is excellent.
- Create a personal dictionary. The words present in the personal dictionary won’t be counted in errors anymore by LanguageTool.org.
- The error suggested by the tool is very basic and not what you’d expect in a good grammar checker software.
- There’s no plagiarism checker in this one, unlike Grammarly and the GingerSoftware.
PaperRater.com is one more online proofreading tool on our list. The best about this tool is, if you use the free version of it, you don’t need to sign up for an account. You can use it directly.
The PaperRater can help you find grammatical, punctuation, and spelling mistakes from your document, just like the other tools. In the free version of PaperRater, you can paste up to 5 pages of content to proofread.
On the contrary, with the premium plan, you can paste up to 20 pages of content, which is more than enough to correct all your content in a single go.
You also get access to the PaperRater plagiarism checker both in the free and paid version of the software. However, with the free version, you can only see the percentage of the plagiarized content.
With the paid plan, you can see the sentences having copied content. PaperRater doesn’t support browser extensions and native desktop applications.
That means you always have to use the web version of the software, which can be both good and bad depending on individual preference.
- PaperRater gives you in-depth feedback on vocabulary.
- The best part is, you don’t need to create an account to use the tool.
- Relatively cheap compared to its competitors.
- No support for native apps and browser extensions.
- The plagiarism checker only shows you the percentage of plagiarized content in the free version.
Who is it for?
Not for professional writers and bloggers. Nonetheless, it can be used by rookie writers who are just starting out. I’d recommend using the free version because the paid version is not very well worth the upgrade.
GrammarChecker.online is a free online grammar checking software to get rid of your grammatical and punctuation errors.
There’s an option for you to perform an Advance Check on the website, which basically sends you to Grammarly. This means that they are promoting Grammarly as an affiliate.
- Works excellent for checking basic grammatical errors.
- We are openly promoting Grammarly, Ginger Software, and WhiteSmoke on our website.
Who is it for?
For someone who is not yet ready to invest money in a proofreading tool, GrammarChecker.online is the right option.
Our last tool on the list is DupliChecker. We have used DupliChecker in the past to find plagiarism in the article. However, now we use the same feature in Grammarly Premium.
If you hate copy-pasting the articles manually, in that case, you can also upload the document from your system.
- DupliChecker is a decent tool to check plagiarism.
- There are a whole bunch of tools offered for free by DupliChecker like the backlink and text analysis tool, keyword research, image tool, password manager.
- Free to use.
- You can only check 1000 words at a time.
- The results are not at all impressive.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is looking for a free option and doesn’t want to spend any money can use DupliChecker grammar software.
What to look for in an ideal grammar checker tool?
There are various factors that you should keep in mind while selecting the right grammar checker software. Here are some of them:
- The tool should check grammatical, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure more. More is always better, but it should not be less than this.
- Look for the pricing of the software while deciding to buy a proofreading tool. However, understand that money invested in a good proofreading software has excellent chances of increasing and improving your business.
- Errors that the tool suggests should have a proper explanation with relevant examples. If not, you’ll never learn and commit the same mistakes always.
These are some of the factors you need to see while selecting the right tool for your writing business.
Which grammar checker tool I will recommend to you, and why?
There are two types of people reading this right now.
First, who is ready to spend the money and want the best in class grammar checker tools that can grow their writing business.
Second, who is looking for a free tool to correct some basic grammar and punctuation mistakes.
Case 1. If you want the best of best grammar checker tool:
If you have money to spend (which is, of course, good), I’d suggest you Grammarly over any other tool.
Secondly, the tool has some fantastic features, and it also gives you a 90% error accuracy, which not any other tool gives up until now.
The pricing of Grammarly is high compared to the other tools.
However, if you are looking to skyrocket your writing business, Grammarly is the right tool for you.
Case 2. If you are looking for a free grammar checker tool:
Although the tool suggests you very basic grammatical errors, it does the job pretty well.
Another option for correcting your grammar & punctuation error is the Ginger Software free version.
Final Words For Best Grammar Checker Tools
I hope this article on the top 10 best grammar checker tools of 2020 and beyond helped you in selecting the right tool for your writing business.
If you have any more doubts or have suggestions for us, drop them down in the comments below.
Did you like this post?
Do share with us, which is your favorite online proofreading tool and why. We read all the comments. 🙂
Keep visiting Grammarchecker.online blog.