Can we trust Grammarly?
Do you use Grammarly to check your grammar?
Do you sometimes wonder is Grammarly a reliable grammar checker source?
If yes, then we are going to discuss the specifics of this revolutionary entity in the world of grammar checks. Keep reading this article if you want to get the answer to all the above questions
- What is Grammarly?
- Features of Grammarly
- Who Can Use Grammarly?
- How Can You Use Grammarly?
- Grammarly Premium vs. Free
- Advantages of using Grammarly
- Disadvantages of using Grammarly
- Is Grammarly A Reliable Grammar Checker & Plagiarism Checker? Here is my answer:
What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is the most popular online aid that checks the grammar and plagiarism in your article as you type it or once you upload it on your account. It also gives you suggestions that may improve your writing skills.
It has a free version and a paid premium version. It forms an essential part of a content writer’s job as they may or may not have access to a human editor.
Grammarly analyses your article for any grammatical errors, punctuation errors, spelling errors, and more.
Features of Grammarly
It has different features such as grammar and punctuation, spell check, plagiarism, and style of writing among the most prominent ones.
1. Grammar and Punctuation Checker
Grammar and punctuation are responsible for the detection of grammatical errors. It also endeavors to explain the concept to you with the help of a small lesson. This is usually mentioned in the box where the error is indicated.
2. Spell Check
The spell check is unequivocally responsible for correcting the minor spelling mistakes you may have made. You can select your preferred language in your account to help you conform to your spelling guidelines.
3. Plagiarism Checker
Plagiarism is responsible for checking and alerting you of any small and unintentional copied material you may have within your article. It gives you a percentage that shows how much of your text shows plagiarised content. Also, read this Grammarly plagiarism checker review.
4. Writing Style Analyser
Last but not least, your style of writing is analyzed by Grammarly. Based on this, it makes suggestions to guide you through a lengthy or wordy sentence. It also detects monotonous passages that may cause your article to generate a loss of interest in your readers while reading. These are the prominent features that are offered by Grammarly.
Apart from these, the engaging content of your article, along with its delivery are analyzed to determine whether or not it is suitable for the audience and conforms to your objectives.
Who Can Use Grammarly?
Grammarly is an app for all people and can be used by almost anyone involved in writing.
Whether it is professional writing or casual writing, Grammarly has got your back. You just need to set your objectives according to your needs and requirements.
This helps in determining the tone and delivery of your article concerning your targeted audience. So, if you are a content writer, student, blogger, or an editor, you can give it a go.
How Can You Use Grammarly?
Grammarly is an online service that can be used in multiple forms. The ways have been mentioned below. Just make sure that you have access to the internet, and you can get started right away.
1. You can use the Grammarly website.
Grammarly is available as a web tool that you can use on almost all web browsers. It is readily accessible on its official site.
2. You can use the desktop software of Grammarly.
The desktop app can be installed without any hassles. It will require the internet to be functional.
3. Microsoft Word Add-in is also available.
You can install the direct MS Word add-in form of Grammarly so that it checks your articles as you type them out in your Microsoft Word.
4. Google Chrome web browser extension is also available for users.
This form of Grammarly functions on all websites and checks the data you input on them.
5. You can use the Grammarly keyboard which is available for iOS and Android users.
Grammarly Keyboard is available on both the App Store and the Play Store. You can easily download it and install it. It will correct your text as you type it on any app. You just need to select it as your input keyboard.
Grammarly Premium vs. Free
|Grammarly Premium||Grammarly Free|
|Unlike most free versions, Grammarly has a fantastic free version that does not have any time or document limit whatsoever. It is limited to checking the grammar, punctuation, and spelling in your article without any help on the plagiarism or suggestions for the style of writing.||In Grammarly Premium, you gain access to the plagiarism checker and suggestions for writing style. It also focuses more on advanced grammar checks, along with the structure of the article. In this version, you can also select your objectives according to your target audience for a more thorough and relevant Grammarly check.|
Here is how much does Grammarly cost.
Advantages of using Grammarly
Grammarly may be questioned when it comes to its reliability, but that does not mean in any way that it does not have its own set of advantages should anyone decide to use it.
- The layout and user interface of the website are very user-friendly. All the features are available at the click of a button, and you also have an assistant that projects all your objectives and error types in a column. You can click on any one to view them individually. Compared to its competitor apps, it is quite simple.
- Grammarly has its own app, web tool, and extension so that you can correct your articles on any device and while you are on the move. It is also compatible with Microsoft Word so you can correct your articles as you type them out.
- It works efficiently in detecting all the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes than its rival apps. Isn’t this what you needed? It is a continually evolving app as its developers are focused on devising updated algorithms that catch all the mistakes in an article.
- There are small explanations given as to why there is a specific error in your article. This helps you in learning more grammar-related rules than before. It will also help build your vocabulary as any word used multiple times is marked for a suggestion.
Disadvantages of using Grammarly
Since Grammarly is an advent of technology in the field of grammar checking, there are some disadvantages to it.
- It may miss out on some fundamental errors.
- It may offer suggestions for overused words.
- These suggestions may not be relevant according to the context of the paragraph. In case you are narrating something in the article, Grammarly would not be able to pick up on any inconsistencies with respect to precise details.
Also, check out the pros and cons of Grammarly.
Is Grammarly A Reliable Grammar Checker & Plagiarism Checker? Here is my answer:
Grammarly is definitely reliable as a grammar and plagiarism checker because it picks up on more grammatical errors and typos as compared to similar products in the market. It is also the most organized and most uncomplicated app to use.
If you are looking for detailed feedback on your style of writing or need a translator or templates, then there are suitable alternatives to Grammarly that will help you in your work.
In Grammarly, all the errors are displayed in front of you. You can accept or dismiss them. You can also undo your last action.
All the features of Grammarly are reliable and helpful, whether it is a plagiarism checker or grammar checker.
Even if Grammarly is considered reliable, it does not in any way imply that you should trust it blindly. It is still an algorithm that is still in its learning stages.
It may sometimes show incorrect suggestions, especially if it unable to grasp the context. So, it is recommended that you assess each and every error correction and suggestion before validating or rejecting it.
It is an excellent tool for almost all people who want to check their articles at least once before running them through a professional editor or putting them out to the audience. It acts as a layer of protection for you and your articles.
If you are a writer who works with short articles and informal ones, then the free version of Grammarly will be beneficial for you.
On the other hand, if you are a writer involved with articles professionally, then Grammarly Premium should be your go-to choice.
It is worth the money you spent on its subscription as it not only points out the small errors and typos but also provides feedback on your writing style so that you can strengthen it.
Ultimately, you have to use it before you can determine its reliability. Please don’t knock it before you try it. Oh, and this article was also corrected by yours truly, Grammarly!